Linux Systems Specialist
Description of the employer
About Client Our client is a US-based fintech company delivering trading solutions to the customers worldwide. It's global footprint accounts for over 140K retail clients and a monthly transaction volume of $501.2bn across 12.5K markets. They are opening its new office in Kraków and looking for ambitious and creative engineers. Openness to new technologies, frameworks, and tools, and a genuine drive for continued self-improvement are welcome.
Office: ul. Karmelicka, Kraków
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with project requirements.
- Develop and maintain Linux installation and configuration procedures.
- Participate in research leading to recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Automate installation, configuration and maintenance tasks.
- Perform systems monitoring to verify availability and integrity of hardware and server resources.
- Perform backup operations as needed.
- Handle on-going maintenance, e.g. hot fixes, software upgrades, OS patching, etc.
- Designing and configuring Linux security and hardening of servers.
- Linux AD integration.
- Maintain and support storage networks.
- Liaise with other internal teams and external suppliers as necessary.
- Own support issues through to resolution, providing regular feedback to users and updating calls as appropriate in Jira.
- Respond to alerts from monitoring services and investigate as necessary.
- To design and prepare Virtual/HP/Dell equipment in accordance with Gain Capital Infrastructure standards.
- Support and monitor all servers and disk arrays.
- Partake in an office shift rota, and out of hours support call rota.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Red Hat Linux and clones.
- Strong scripting skills in at least two of bash, perl or python.
- Strong automation and configuration management skills, preferably in Ansible or puppet.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to diagnose and fix server hardware / software issues.
- Maintain and support VMWare virtual environments.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the following technologies:
o HP Servers and HP SIM/Dell Servers and Dell OpenManage.
o Storage Area Networks (including 3Par and similar)
o Backup software and management
o VMware vSAN or other Hyper-Converged solutions
- Knowledge of Solarflare NICs and associated products (Onload, TCPDirect, etc).
- Knowledgeof low-latency configuration management and monitoring (tuned, NUMA balancing, perf, etc).
- Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Maintain and support Microsoft Active Directory.
- Support Microsoft Exchange and Office365.
- Active Directory and group policy.
- Microsoft networking infrastructure i.e.: DHCP, DNS
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager
- Competitive compensation package including annual performance bonus opportunity
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass
- Spacious and modern office space in the heart of old Kraków
- Flexibility and the possibility to work remotely
- Kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit
- Superior co-working and personal development experience